Hosted by Kilauea Point National Wildlife Refuge
Tuesday 12/18 at 6:45 AM – 6 PM
Meet at overlook, end of Kilauea Rd.
Join for the annual Christmas Bird Count in the beautiful Kaua‘i NWRC! This exciting, all-day birding extravaganza is the longest-running citizen science census in the world and has been contributing to the conservation of birds for over 100 years. Be prepared to fill out a volunteer service agreement form. No experience necessary and it's an all-day, all-weather event. Can’t be here all day? You can do a morning shift.
- Your own lunch, plenty of water, and snacks
- Sunscreen and mosquito repellent
- Comfortable clothing; sun & rain gear is best
- Hiking shoes or waterproof shoes preferred
- Your own binoculars if you have them